Graduate Student Writing Help
The Judith Anderson Herbert Writing Center offers graduate students one-to-one meetings with writing consultants who offer constructive feedback designed to help with writing processes and written work-in-progress. We help graduate students with both coursework-related writing and theses and dissertations.
See this page for information about how to make appointments.
Resources for Multilingual Writers
We provide tutoring services for graduate students whose first or strongest language is not English through our ESL Writing Center schedule.
- The appointment scheduler is available at https://utk.mywconline.com.
For our more information and additional resources, see our Resources for Multilingual Writers.
Application Materials Help
We offer appointments for writers working with application materials, including personal statements, graduate school applications, and cover letters. To make an appointment for Applications Materials Help, visit the appointment scheduler at utk.mywconline.com.
Requests for Editing
While do not provide editing, proofreading, or formatting assistance as part of our free service, we maintain a list of local, qualified freelancers who provide these services for a fee, and we can put you in touch with one of them upon request. All fees are negotiated directly between you and the editor; we are simply a go-between to put you in touch with someone. Use this Request for Freelance Editing to make your request, and email it to email@example.com.
Other Campus Resources
For help with other questions, check out these UT resources:
- The Graduate School’s Theses & Dissertations Formatting page, which offers templates, guidelines, and a consultant to help thesis/dissertation writers with formatting questions.
- With the help of OIT, the Graduate School also offers formatting templates for thesis/dissertation writers using MS Word.
- The University Libraries offers resources and support for graduate student research and teaching.
- The Counseling Center provides a range of resources to all UT students, including appointment-based services and online materials.
- The Center for Career Development and Academic Exploration provides assistance for graduate students writing job application materials.