Graduate Writing Help
The Herbert Writing Center offers graduate students one-to-one meetings with our writing consultants, who will offer constructive feedback designed to help you with your writing processes and written document. We help graduate students with both coursework-related writing and theses/dissertations. For more information, check out our Writing Center Help for Graduate Students handout.
During the Fall and Spring semesters, we encourage graduate students to take advantage of our location in Pendergrass Library on the Ag Campus. See our Home Page for hours.
More coming soon: We appreciate your patience while our website is undergoing further development.
Resources for Multilingual Writers
The Writing Center provides tutoring services for students whose first or strongest language is not English.
- In Fall and Spring, this help is offered in person at the ESL Writing Center in Hodges Library, room 220F. The walk-in and appointment hours and the appointment scheduler are available at https://utk.mywconline.com.
- In summer, this help is available on a walk-in basis in our HSS 212 location; see our Home page for hours.
For our more information on these and additional resources, see our Resources for Multilingual Writers.
Application Materials Help
The Herbert Writing Center offers tutoring appointments for writers working with application materials, including personal statements, graduate school applications, and cover letters. To make an appointment for Applications Materials Help, visit our scheduling page at utk.mywconline.com.
Other Campus Resources
For help with other questions, check out these UT resources:
- The Graduate School’s Theses & Dissertations Formatting page, which offers templates, guidelines, and a consultant to help thesis/dissertation writers with formatting questions.
- With the help of OIT, the Graduate School also offers formatting templates for thesis/dissertation writers using MS Word.
- The University Libraries offers resources and support for graduate student research and teaching.
- The Counseling Center provides a range of resources to all UT students, including appointment-based services and online materials.