English 103 and 104 are 1-credit electives (S/NC grading) intended to help students in first-year composition courses (English 101, 102, 118, 131, 132, 198, 290, or 298). Students work one-to-one with tutors and independently to improve their writing skills.
- Enroll in English 103 and English 101, 131, or 198 at the same time; or enroll in English 104 and English 102, 118, 132, 290, or 298 at the same time.
- Attend regularly: 1 hour per week in the Writing Center.
- Meet with a tutor regularly during the semester.
- Complete other short requirements (such as informal reflections).
- Receive a passing grade in your first-year composition course.
Enroll via MyUTK, and come to HSS 212 during the first full week of classes. You will receive more detailed information and will arrange your attendance schedule at that time. You will be able to choose the time you will attend the Writing Center each week.
Call (865) 974-2611 or email the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
For additional information about UTK’s first-year composition program, see the First-Year Composition page.