1. Go to https://utk.mywconline.com. (First-time users must register for a free WCOnline account.)
2. Select the appropriate schedule. (Wondering whether a video- or email-based appointment is best for your writing situation? Consider this guidance.)
3. Change the week as desired (at the top of the screen).
- Currently, appointments may be made up to 7 days in advance.
4. Available times are shown in white boxes. All appointments are listed in Eastern time. Choose the time you prefer. An appointment box will pop up. (If not, change your settings to allow pop-ups from WCOnline).
5. Answer all requested questions. Provide as much detail as possible about your or writing situation and what you’d like help with.
6. You MUST attach a draft in advance of the appointment start time if you have an email-based appointment. Scroll to the bottom of the appointment box to see the attachment option.
- For video-based appointments, you can attach documents anytime before or during your appointment.
- We recommend attaching your assignment, too, if you have a Word or PDF version of it.
7. Click “Create Appointment.”
8. Read the confirmation and reminder emails you receive.
How to Attend Your Appointment
- Log in at https://utk.mywconline.com a few minutes before your appointment. Appointments are listed in Eastern time, so you must make the adjustment if you’re in a different time zone.
- Open your appointment box, and click “Start or Join Consultation.” Allow camera and microphone access to WCOnline.
- UPLOAD your draft IN ADVANCE of the appointment start time (Eastern time) and make sure you have provided specific details about your assignment and what you want help with, so that we will know what feedback to give you.
- Email appointments without documents attached are considered “Missed”/No Shows.”
- To attach a draft anytime before your appointment, open your appointment box at https://utk.mywoconline.com; click “Edit Appointment,” and attach one or more files.
- About 30 minutes after the appointment start time, you will receive feedback via email on your document.
Cancel in Advance if You Cannot Make It
If you cannot make it, cancel your appointment as far in advance as possible. To cancel: log in, click on your appointment, and click “Cancel this Appointment.”
- Students who miss more than 3 appointments without canceling ahead of time will not be able to continue to make appointments.