The Judith Anderson Herbert Writing Center serves student writers in all disciplines of the UT academic community by offering free and individualized help throughout the writing process. Trained tutors read student writing and provide feedback in one-to-one conversations. Our goal is to help students think about and improve their written work from the brainstorming stage to final revisions.
Currently, all writing assistance is offered via online appointments through our free tutoring portal, https://utk.mywconline.com.
See these instructions for how to make and attend appointments: Making & Attending Online Appointments Summer 2020. The appointment hours vary for each schedule; times listed are in Eastern time.
The following services are available in Summer 2020:
- Undergraduate Student Writing Help: For any UT undergraduate in any course, any subject.
- Graduate Student Writing Help: For any UT graduate student in any course, any subject, or who is working on a thesis or dissertation.
- Application Materials Help: For undergraduate or graduate students working on a personal statement or any other type of application document.
Students enrolled in Summer English 101 or English 102 courses are encouraged to enroll at the same time in English 103 or English 104, 1-credit electives that offer individualized writing help throughout the term. See more information at: SU20 English 103 and 104
Students registered with Student Disability Services may contact email@example.com to request additional tutoring time if they have reached the weekly limit for a particular service.
NEW! We’re offering a series of Zoom workshops in Summer 2020 to assist faculty in all departments with the process of (re)designing classes to include online and hybrid instruction. The focus is on best practices and methods for becoming more efficient and effective in responding online to student writing:
- Best Practices for Responding to Student Writers
- Commenting on Drafts with Online Tools: Using PowerNotes
- Helping Students Respond to Each Other: Effective Peer Review
Registration is required. For complete details and registration links, visit:
Please contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org