We asked students how getting feedback during the process of working on a paper helped them. Listen to what they had to say.
The Judith Anderson Herbert Writing Center serves student writers in all disciplines of the UT academic community by offering free and individualized help throughout the writing process. Trained tutors read student writing and provide feedback in one-to-one conversations. Our goal is to help students think about and improve their written work from the brainstorming stage to final revisions.
All tutoring schedules are open for appointments
In-person, online (video-based) and email appointments are available.
We offer the following schedules for writing help:
- Undergraduate Writing Help (in person, online, email)
- Graduate Student Writing Help (in person, online)
- ESL Writing Help (in person, online) — For undergraduate and graduate students whose first or strongest language is not English
- Application Materials Help (in person, online)
Writing help is by appointment only. Appointments may be made 7 days in advance and up to 1 minute before the start time.
Are you enrolled in a first-year composition course?
- During the semester, you’re welcome to sign up for an appointment for free one-to-one writing help. See link above for how to make and attend appointments.
- Come to any of our weekly 30-minute Zoom workshops for additional information about writing FYC papers.
- Consider enrolling in a 1-credit Writing Workshop course at the same time to ensure your success! See this “1-Credit Writing Workshops” page for details.
Instructors: Information to share with your students is available on our “Support for Faculty” page.
Students registered with Student Disability Services may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional tutoring time if they have reached the weekly limit for a particular service.
Every year we give out three awards for excellence in tutoring. Please see this “Hodges Tutor Awards” page for the winners of the 2019-20 awards.
Please contact us with any questions: email@example.com