English 103 and 104 are 1-credit electives with S/NC grading that are designed to help all students in first-year composition courses.
- English 103 is for students currently enrolled in English 101, 131, or 198.
- English 104 is for students currently enrolled in English 102, 118, 132, 290, or 298.
You’ll meet one-to-one with tutors and will also work independently on your FYC assignments (no extra work assigned). The main purpose is for you to get good feedback on your writing so that you can produce the best possible quality of writing in your composition course. Hear what students have to say about getting writing help from tutors.
In Spring 2021, these courses will meet entirely online–but you’ll have plenty of direct contact with tutors! Past and current students have reported being very satisfied with the ease of attending and meeting with tutors online.
The requirements are designed to be very flexible to suit individual students’ schedules:
- Attend online for an hour per week at a time you choose.
- Meet online with tutors regularly during the semester.
- Complete 2 short, informal reflections about your writing.
Enroll via MyUTK during the regular drop-add period.
- Email email@example.com if you encounter any issues registering; we can help you register!
There’s no extra tuition for this course if you’re enrolled in 12 or more hours.
Visit the course’s Canvas home page once you enroll for instructions on how to get started.
Contact the Judith Anderson Herbert Writing Center
at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
UT’s Writing Center and First-Year Composition program received the “Writing Program Certificate of Excellence” national award from the Conference on College Composition and Communication. Watch the video for more information about our Writing Program.