You can get feedback while you’re in the process of working on a paper for a course or on your thesis or dissertation, or when working on applications for a professional opportunity. Follow the instructions below to make appointments for online writing help. All are synchronous, video-based conversations.
1. Go to our free appointment scheduler. (First-time users must register for a free WCOnline account.)
2. Select one of the following schedules:
- Graduate Student Writing Help
- ESL Writing Center (for students whose first or strongest language is not English)
- Application Materials Help
3. Change the week as desired (at the top of the screen). Currently, appointments may be made up to 7 days in advance.
4. Available times are shown in white boxes. All appointments are listed in Eastern time. Choose the time you prefer. An appointment box will pop up. (If not, change your settings to allow pop-ups from WCOnline). Adjust for 30 or 60 minutes, as desired.
5. Answer all requested questions. Provide as much detail as possible about your writing situation and what you’d like help with.
6. Attach a document, if you wish. (You can wait and upload your document during the session, if you prefer.)
7. Click “Create Appointment.”
8. Read the confirmation and reminder emails you receive.
How to Attend Your Appointment
1. Log in at https://utk.mywconline.com a few minutes before your appointment. (Remember, appointments are listed in Eastern time, so you must make the adjustment if you’re in a different time zone.)
2. Open your appointment box, and click “Start or Join Consultation.”
3. Allow camera and microphone access to WCOnline.
Cancel in Advance if You Cannot Make It
If you cannot make it, kindly cancel your appointment as far in advance as possible. To cancel: log in, click on your appointment, and click “Cancel this Appointment.”
- Students who miss more than 3 appointments without canceling ahead of time will not be able to continue to make appointments.